The Massachusetts Attorney General has announced that her office is now investigating the response to the coronavirus outbreak by the Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley. The long-term care facility in Littleton reported close to two dozen coronavirus-related deaths, including a nurse who spoke out about the conditions inside the facility.”My office is investigating Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak at the facility to determine if legal action is warranted,” Maura Healey’s office said in a brief statement. “We owe it to the families who lost loved ones under these tragic circumstances to determine what went wrong.”The Massachusetts National Guard was called in to test residents at the facility, but initially not the staff.NewsCenter 5 has previously reported many of the facility’s employees called in sick and went public about conditions inside the building.As of Wednesday, May 27, the facility reported that of the 64 residents in-house, 51 are considered recovered from the coronavirus and 13 residents were determined to be negative for the virus. They did not provide any data on how many residents have died from the virus. The Attorney General’s office said they began their investigation in April and the probe remains active and ongoing.Healey’s office has previously announced it had begun an investigation into Holyoke Soldiers’ Home and the response to the COVID-19 outbreak at that facility.

LITTLETON, Mass. —

The Massachusetts Attorney General has announced that her office is now investigating the response to the coronavirus outbreak by the Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley.

The long-term care facility in Littleton reported close to two dozen coronavirus-related deaths, including a nurse who spoke out about the conditions inside the facility.

“My office is investigating Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak at the facility to determine if legal action is warranted,” Maura Healey’s office said in a brief statement. “We owe it to the families who lost loved ones under these tragic circumstances to determine what went wrong.”

The Massachusetts National Guard was called in to test residents at the facility, but initially not the staff.

NewsCenter 5 has previously reported many of the facility’s employees called in sick and went public about conditions inside the building.

As of Wednesday, May 27, the facility reported that of the 64 residents in-house, 51 are considered recovered from the coronavirus and 13 residents were determined to be negative for the virus. They did not provide any data on how many residents have died from the virus.

The Attorney General’s office said they began their investigation in April and the probe remains active and ongoing.

    Healey’s office has previously announced it had begun an investigation into Holyoke Soldiers’ Home and the response to the COVID-19 outbreak at that facility.

    Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *